I am feeling good, in dee neighborhood. And by ‘good’ I mean skinny. Well, skinny for me.
Funny how the mind works; on the way up at this exact weight I thought I was a whale. On the way down I feel like a supermodel; strutting my stuff all over zee place (not really, but y’know, I feel good, I feel accomplished).
This dress. This dress. Unstoppable. (Faith Hill. Anyone? Anyone?)
Anywho, I was STUNNED this dress fit me this morning when I tried it on. Stunned. It used to be my go-to work dress when I was 20+ pounds LIGHTER, but since I gained “some” weight back (boo-hiss nobody to blame, but my own sneaky fingers) I’ve been nervous to try it on, but voila! It actually fit, and I believe looks somewhat decent.
Oh weight-loss. You sneaky devil, you. Always playing tricks with my head!!
This is my Daily Attempt at Looking Skinny Post (with some sort of awkward/intense look thrown in for good measure).
And here are this morning’s random things:
- My clothes are still SO TIGHT. Like, holy-hell-Liz-stop-eating-right-now tight. And yea, I have to admit finding things to wear is really quite challenging these days - especially as I refuse to walk around with my love handles on display.
- That being said, remember Operation 21 Days? Well? it’s still going!! Surprised? c’mon have faith!! And! It’s going pretty well too! I’m actually certain I’ve lost weight recently (no scale to confirm), and although I only use the Lose It App when I can, when I don’t I’m also fairly good (which cough could just be from eating 1 meal a day - it’s hard traveling/new city - cough)
- For those who asked - still living the life in a hostel with 5 other sexy companions. And by sexy I mean snoring.
- Yesterday I saw a beautiful, cheap, amazing-amazing location, bedroom, but the why-must-there-always-be-something-wrong factor was the roommate. He was this 30 year old, too cool for school, hates tv, hipster guy. Me thinks not - TV and I are bffs (slash, he was odd to the max).
- Anywho, today (this morning!) I am laptopping and Internetting and Resuming.
- Then at 1pm today (are you ready for this?) my sister’s husband’s second cousin is picking me up to take me to lunch/show me around.
- Then tonight I’m having dinner at his house (he’s a twin too, so with with him and his sister - they’re also 27), and then going to an Australian house party! Will report back. Obviously.
- Okay okay. Work work work work. (And skype skype skype to my sister) And then more work work work. research. research. research.
Today’s NYC outfit BECAUSE DON’T LIE TO YOURSELF, I KNOW YOU CARE SO MUCH. Also, I find if I ever-so slightly bend one knee, wear all black, and have a massive scarf I can deceive the average not-that-judgemental-person into thinking I’m an average weight - I’m sneaky and awesome like that.
AND, because I know you’re all just so interested in my life and have no idea what’s been going on, because it’s not like I obsessively blog and/or tweet all the big and/or irrelevant things in my life, I’ll fill ya in *you’re welcome.*
- Currently? Obsessed with these sleek, Ugg riding boots. Need. Want. Won’t ever get.
- So far this trip to NYC (my 6th one) is my favourite
- There is a car alarm going off outside my room. It’s been over 2 hours. I want to punch the person who set it off in the junk.
- I think this coming weekend I may head to Boston… Lindsay? Naomi? Claire? Are ya reading this?! 4 hour bus ride? Pssh, that’s child’s play.
- Goddammit. Every time that car alarm takes a break I think it’s finally stopped, but then nope, it starts right back up again.
- Just so you know. When I stay in NYC I actually have my own place (my friend stays with her bf, which I must say, is quite convenient for me and my walking around nak-id habbit.
- My goal is to do this entire NYC trip (8 days(ish - not exactly sure when I’ll leave)) in under $500 - including
flightsbuses. I am very on track for this.
- I wonder if I could go the entire day without using a single exclamation mark, hmm?
- I love NYC, every dirty alleyway, every person on the street, every elevator-less building, every sketchy moment (looking at you bum who tried to steal my bag), every moment here, I lurrrrve. I remember when I was 18 telling my dad I wanted to move to New York. He asked why. I said because I believe something amazing would happen to me there. He said fair enough. I never did move here, but still love it as much now, as I did then.
- I went to the Natural History Museum today (mostly free, but I was lucky enough to get a free ticket from a friend of a friend for an extra exhibit). And then MOMA tomorrow (ticket curtsey of old university roommate who now works there) - I am excited!
- I’ve eaten in some seriously delicious places on this trip - Otto, ABC Kitchen and Kashkaval. I’m going to write my ‘reviews’ on these places soon, why? because if you’re from NYC you should go there, and if you visit NYC you should remember to eat there - as the food was so delicious, and the prices? not too shabby.
- I went to Sleep No More tonight. Good God. Like whoa. Like OMG. I can’t stop thinking about it…
- That time I got myself Pinterest. And then today was told about Instagram. I’m on it peeps, I’m on it.
- So… OkCupid. Fact: The guys I like don’t ever message me back. Fact Two: There really are some nice, decent, non-creepster (creepy crossed with hipster) guys on there - sadly, just not my type. Fact Three: There is this whole online flirting thing I don’t understand. But I’ve decided winks/favourites are for wimps, if you like me, man up and msg me.
- I’m currently lying in bed (blogging horizontal is the best. THE BEST.) but need to go pee super-duper badly, take my contacts out, make-up off, brush my teeth and turn off the lights, BUT I AM SO LAZY. SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP. THE LAZINESS HURTS. WHY AM I SO LAZY? WHY AM I YELLING. Okay fine, g’night Little Blog, xo
God, it’s like I think I’m a model or something (ed note: whatevs, I’m unemployed, this is what I do now). Ha, but really I swear this post has a point.
The only thing I got for Christmas (because I surprised home) was this scarf from the Gap. It’s soft, it’s big and my God it’s sooo warm! If you’re looking for a fabulous, cheap boxing day present for yourself… ta-da!
It’s my new obsession and I want to wear it with every outfit.
Yes, that is all.
Highest Weight: 203
Current Weight: 171
Goal Weight: 125(!)