So… I went shopping today. Because… as I’ve now mentioned 3.2 million times, I start my new job on Tuesday (yay!) and the dress code is “business casual” there, but jeans are allowed each and every day.
My previous Toronto job, as you may recall, was super-fancy dress, which means I am somewhat out of my comfort zone here. Casual I can do. Business I can do. But business-casual… what does that mean?!
Things to note:
- I went to Gap, H&M, Zara, Loft, Jacob, Banana Republic, Artizia, and J.Crew (note: how does J.Crew get away with being that pricey? For reals. It’s insane in there).
- I purchased all of the above except the grey blazer (it was too pricey), and the shiny black top in the middle, bottom photo (it made me look frumpy)
- Boots make outfits better
- The black dress is a little too tight, but it’s a SIZE EIGHT!! (from Loft). They didn’t have a 10 to try on, so I figured I’d give the 8 a shot, and wahoo - it zipped up!
- Major sales at Banana Republic today (I also purchased this L’Wren Scott BR Collection skirt which I think will be really nice paired with black stockings, small pumps, and a black top)
- I find finding tops are soooo much easier for me than finding pants/skirts. I tried on a pair of H&M red pants, and even though they were size 12, they didn’t even go over my bum.
- The jeans I’m wearing in the above photos are Gap’s “legging jeans” and they’re AMAZING. Gap has a 50% sale coming up on December 11th, so I’m going to order them online in black.
- I currently have a MASSIVE zit on my chin. Blah. The worst.
- I was okay with my weight/size today. I didn’t wish I was size 00, or smaller, or whatever, but simply just shopped for my current body. It made shopping a lot easier. But I have to note I’m excited to move out, find a routine, and lose some weight!
- My mom made me that grey hat for my birthday. The wool is so soft & delicious.
- Anyone know of good fashion blogs - but blogs that post REAL clothes, like the ones above? None of the high-end stuff I can’t afford? I need business-casual inspiration!