The Most Unprepared Hike in the World
Things we did right
- By chance, I wore chub-rub shorts under my dress
- And we brought money with us
- And sunglasses
Things we did wrong
- Left our hostel ready to go to the grocery store. And then somewhow arrived home 5 hours later with no groceries, but a hell of a hike under our belts.
- Brought (not even) half a bottle of water with us
- Wore a dress, not hiking shorts
- No sunscreen
- Wore flips, not hiking boot
- And did I mention went for a FIVE HOUR hike when we were GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE?
A casual lunch before the
grocery store our hike.
Our goal was to head to the peninsula jetting out there, a short, 30min walk before we went to the store.
But it was so beautiful, we just kept walking,
And walking, and seeing, and walking, and walking,
In our flip-flops, and with no water, and the sun on our backs.
And then at some point, somehow, it was further to head back to the city, than to finish the circuit of the hike. We were dehydrated (<— awful!), burnt, and our feet, well…
But it was totally worth the pain for the absolutely stunning views. And I have to mention when we got to top of the
mountain hill we were scaling walking up, there was a CAFE up there. It was seriously one of the happiest moments of my life, seeing a cafe with sweet, sweet water in it.
Luckily the walk back to the city (the short route) was surrounded in trees, and all down hill! You better believe we slept like sleeping-ninjas last night.
So… one (very unprepared) hike down, many more to go!