Foam Roller + IT Band Issues = I am not a doctor, but I swear it really (really!) helps.
Posting to help someone (anyone!) who may be going through my pain!
[Please forgive my overall awkwardness and the part where I butcher the English language, it’s “hardnesses” - woops!]
I’m an idiot. I was so obsessed with making a short video (because videos suck to watch) that I left out crucial info
- In Canada you can buy foam rollers at the Running Room, most gyms, or through physios (they’ll order them for you!)
- Roll EACH leg… NOT just the painful one (i know this, because for 1 season, I only rolled my left leg, and surprise-surprise I now have IT on my right)
- Roll from your knee to hip about 30 times, stopping on the knots/pain for about 30 seconds
- Over time the pain goes away, and you will be able to easily/smoothly roll your leg
- there are also lots of stretches you can do, to build the muscle around your hips (use google!)
- blue/black bruises on your thighs are not only normal to get, but also very sexy