~ Perth ~
And oh what a beautiful city it is! It’s so tiny, and I have to admit, cliche; everything closed so early (& check this sign out, totally made me laugh). Anna and I felt like we were strolling the streets of a deserted little town and the waterfront, aligned with Palm trees, looked gorgeous.
Tomorrow we’re off to a beach (34degrees (89F) and pure sunshine!), before heading down the coast of Western Australia. Really excited for a relaxing trip, and seeing a bit of Australia.
Here some fun Perth facts:
- 4th largest city in Australia (1.97 million people)
- Highest number of self-made millionaires per capita in the world (thankyouvery much mining!)
- They have the largest inner-city park (sorry Central Park in NYC, you’re just not big enough)
- They have the most consistent wind (hmmmm soothing sea breeze) of any capital in the world. It’s called the ‘Fremantle Doctor’ and wafts through the city between 12pm and 3pm virtually every day of the year.
- Perth is the sunniest capital city in the world, with an average 8 hours per day sunshine 365 days per year.
- It’s also the most isolated capital city in the world (seriously, whoa, look where I am - with daylight savings I’m 18 hours ahead of Toronto!)