Operation Sexy-Sexy-Hair-Commercial Hair
Being overweight nearly my entire life I found other ways, besides clothes/ma-bod, to make myself feel good about myself; other ways to give me confidence, feel bad-ass, make me walk the walk of a boss. My hair always fell at the top of that list.
I’ve always put effort and time into my hair, because y’know, if my hair was just curled or placed in the perfect position, nobody would notice I was fat. Am I Right? OR AM I RIGHT?! Anywho, yes, my hair has always been very important to me.
Well. Well as you may or may not have noticed my hair has recently really lost its soul, shine, bod-ay and va-va-voom, not to mention how nearly every single strand has a split end. Ugh. Cue Operation: Shiny Hair!
I am sick and tired of washing and styling my hair only to have it be stiff, non-shiny, straw-like and dare I say it? brittle.
MY HAIR TODAY | AKA BAD HAIR
My Notes: Brittle, dry and coarse looking. No desire to run fingers through my hair here. It would not make the cut for a hair commercial. It’s also too long for comfort, or as my sister would say ‘witchy.’
HAIR BEFORE | GOAL HAIR | GOOD HEALTHY HAIR
My Notes: It’s shiny, and smooth, and looks like it would flow nicely in the wind. Plus, a certain boy could run his fingers through it no problem. It looks healthy and hearty and ready for a commercial!
REASONS WHY MY HAIR HAS LOST ITS VA-VA-VOOM!
- Without a doubt it’s because for the last 6+ months I’ve been using a travel blow dryer and hair straightener. The voltage in Canada is 110, the voltage everywhere else is 230, which meant I couldn’t bring my beloved, very expensive, but worth it, blow dryer and straightener with me. I had to buy cheap, sucked-the-life-out-my-hair tools. LAME.
- When I
was rich and famoushad a regular pay check I would always buy Brilliant Brunette shampoo/conditioner - which I swear by, but now I buy super-cheap-whatever-is-on-sale shampoos and conditioners.
- I’ve also been too cheap to get a proper hair cut.
To get smooth, silky, glossy hair. Hair I can dance around in the wind with and pretend I’m on a Pantene commercial with.
And? all on a budget!
THE PLAN (ON A BUDGET)
- Get a hair cut - my split ends are breaking records over here. I’ve signed up for Groupon Australia to see if any hair deals come up, and will be keeping an eye out for $15 hair cuts
- Buy a real Australian Blow Dryer (I’m coming for you eBay)
- Buy a real Australian Straightener (I’m coming for you eBay. Again)
- Do cheap, online, can-buy-ingredients-at-the-supermarket hair masks. Avocado oil |Mayonnaise | eggs etc.
- Buy a decent shampoo/conditioner (I’m thinking of finding a hair salon outlet).
- Buy a swimming cap to protect it from chlorine (Swimmers!! Thank you for your comments!!!)
- Avoid brushing hair while wet (although this will be hard as my hair gets so tangled)
- Avoid putting hair on top of head in towel when wet.
I’ll keep you guys updated on my progress…. I’m thinking I’ll slap a 3 month deadline on this goal.
Any other tips for me? How do you keep your hair glow-a-lowing? Smooth? Sexy?