One Twenty Five
words of wisdom.
I love love love Christmas cards.
This. Then That.
- Let’s play ‘would you go to the doctor if…. if your limbs were constantly going numb. Like, a lot. My hands, or feet, or legs, or forearms will just fall asleep randomly, when I’m hardly doing anything. (ex. while reading a book tonight, my hand went numb). It’s more frustrating than anything. But I also hate the doctor, hmmm.
- The Glass Castle… *holds two thumbs up*
- I’m currently wearing Essie’s ‘Smokin’ Hot’ on my nails. It’s the perfect winter colour. Not black. Not grey. Not purple. But this wonderful mixture of the three.
- My boobs didn’t go to boob-jail today. Glorious.
- So perhaps it’s just me, but every night, as I’m falling asleep, my face cream goes into my eyes and it’s THE WORST. How do I stop this?
- My birthday is next Tuesday. NBD. False. This is the worst. Ugh. I will not be celebrating it this year, as I feel there is little to celebrate.
- I have a date on Friday night. Somebody is going to get scolded in mini-putt. I also had to tell him I don’t eat sushi, and good Lord the kid put up a protest promising to convert me. I assured him this would not be the case. Ever. (note: “kid” = 30 year old guy)
- On Saturday I’m getting a hair cut. Going to get this look again. For sure I’ll regret it, but I need a change.
- I’m looking at apartments right now… ugh. UGH.
- Happy Thanksgiving Eve ‘Merica. The cool kids (aka Canada) celebrated it in October, because, well, y’know, our harvest is earlier, because, well, y’know, we are your northern hat.
- Fun fact: the majority of this blog’s readers are American, and then from that, mostly New Yorkers. Sigh, *blows kisses to NYC*
- Santa (aka my mom) ordered a pair of these bad boy AMAZING socks for me & my sister today. We saw them on Shark Tank and I fell in love. Swooooooooon.
- Also-also, my boots arrived! Oh happy day. They’re pretty great.
- I’ve been full of all sorts of thoughts lately, and then none at all. And I’ve formed a bad habit of going back into the archives of this blog to see what I did on that day last year. This is, of course, a terrible idea as I’m unemployed & living at home.
- I have yet to feel the Christmas spirit this year, but I’m sure it’s comin’
- What else? I’ve been really low-key on this blog lately, but… ditcha know that I have not gone a week without sharing something on this blog since 2011? Yea. Well. There’s that. I took (my completely ridiculous self imposed) pressure off myself this week, and it was ah-mazing. I have no idea what the fate of the blog is, but it felt nice to not post for a few days.
- That being said, I’ve taken to jotting down my random thoughts on Twitter lately. And sharing photos on Instagram (username: LizClaire_). Oh! And my first photo-book arrived yesterday - it’s BEAUTIFUL. I am so happy with it. I still can’t bring myself to create the Australia photo book.. truthfully, it’s the whole Matt thing that stops me. We’re on great terms now n’ what not, but is it weird to print ex-boyfriend photos in a book? I think yes. But then so much of Australia was him… so I don’t know.
- Wanna read an AWESOME blog? Meet Lindsey. You’re welcome.
- I really want to delete my Facebook account, but a while ago I saw that, “deleting Facebook is the new running away from home,” so I now refuse to be *that* person.
- I can convince myself I am on the verge of complete life awesomeness… OR complete life-failure. Stay tuned folks…
- So, remember that super-duper pricey day-planner I wrote about? Well after commenting on that post, and asking I contact them (which I did immediately), they *finally* got back to me and offered $25 off for a reader. Honestly? I thought that was quite pathetic, especially as they gave me all these circumstances for the ‘contest’ - “ fans to go to our FB page, like it, follow us on twitter and Instagram.” SERIOUSLY? Oh. Wow. Thank you. So generous.
- I’ve been running since 2009 and never got a black toe-nail… that is until now. Remember how my toes went numb during the Chicago marathon? Well hot-damn, I got a black toe-nail. It’s so weird.
- Notice how I haven’t mentioned my weight or exercise above? Well… FYI, I am the laziest person you know. I stupidly went through old summer photos and felt like a whale compare to my sassy 2011 bod-ay. Sad times. I keep telling myself the cliche, “I’ll start when I move out…” But quite frankly I’m really eating my feelings these days and finding comfort in food. It’s become my companion, my BFF, my TV buddy. And I’m also so lazy and have no desire to move faster than a snail. So yup. Cool. This is my life.
- I’ve recently got really into Pinterest again. Be my friend? I need new people to follow. I’m Fabulizzles.
- Okay, I should sleep. My mom is hosting a bridge tournament tomorrow at my house, which means I can’t stay in PJs all day.
- Also! Wait. Nashville? I am obsessed! Okay. Night night. xoxo
Outside my bedroom window. Sure. Yes. Whatever. I suppose snow is quite pretty. ⛄❄
Excuse me while I stay in bed forever… #sick
Meanwhile in Canada…